I talked to Terry Webb of Amazing Figure Magazine, his wish and mine is to do an article of you and the model hobby.
1) First off, Please share a little about your biography, your hobbies, work, life and family.
2) Also how did you become involved with Billiken and Max Factory and what year did you work with them? How long did you work for them?
3) Your Gorilla 1 sculpture, what made you sculpt this figure?
4) How did you get involved with Billiken to produce Gorilla 1?
5) The fur texture on the vinyl Gorilla 1 seems very soft and subtle, how do you feel about the Gorilla 1 sculpture?
6) The Billiken Rhedosaurus is another model you sculpted, this one you made with a closed mouth, some people ask how come it did not come with an open mouth, or another head as an option?
7)How do you feel about the Billiken Rhedosaurus sculpture?
8) Izumisan, you have a good friend, Hama who sculpted for Billiken, he sculpted the second Gorilla for Billiken, how do you like his sculpture and interpretation of his Kong Gorilla?
9) Of all of your sculptures to date, which one is your favorite?
10) When you sculpt, what kind of clay or medium do you use?
12) What is your purpose or reason for producing your sofubi models? What do you wish to accomplish?
13) To many people you are a Legend in the model kit industry, do you have an opinion or an idea in which direction this hobby may be heading?
14) You have produced many other models over time, can you list for us the order in which you produced them, from your first sculpture to your last?
15) Please feel free to add any thoughts or opinions or comments Izumisan.
P.S.- I may ask you some more questions if I overlooked anything.
From David Guzman